D 20 to 23
Trans-Australian wooden dining car fitted with coal burning stove and ice-boxes for food storage. The four original dining cars seated three diners in each row. This was changed to 4 diners across the width off the car on 21.2.1920. This raised the total number of dining passengers from 30 to 40.
Dining car, built by "A.Pengelley and Co." on a supplied underframe of the Kalgoorlie construction train stores car, which had been fitted with new bogies.
|24.11.1937||Carrier air conditioned fitted.|
|17.4.1957||Fire damaged, repairs to stove|
|12.4.1961||Converted to narrow gauge and recoded "NDB".|
|30.8.1962||To standard gauge.|
|24.9.1962||To narrow gauge.|
|22.8.1963||To standard gauge for alterations of platform at kitchen end of car.|
|1.7.66||To narrow gauge and repairs to body, louvres, tables, exterior panels, floor coverings.|
|22.10.1970||To standard gauge.|
|8.2.1972||To narrow gauge.|
|14.9.1981 ||To standard gauge and recoded "XD" and issued as a dining carriage for use on the Alice Springs breakdown train.|
|5.10.1982||Repairs as a result of a collision.|
|15.6.1990||At Alice Springs.|
|-||Sent to Port Pirie car barn for long term storage.|
|11.1995||Given to ARHS Western Australia.|
|1.1996||Transferred to Western Australia|
|11.2.2002||Placed on the National Register of Historic Rail Vehicles by the National Trust|
|From 2002||Used by South Spur Rail Services on the "Spirit of the West" Restaurant Train.|
Dining car, built by "A.Pengelley and Co." on a supplied underframe of the Kalgoorlie construction train hospital car, which had been fitted with new bogies.
|9.5.1938||Carrier air conditioning fitted.|
|26.4.1956||Converted to narrow gauge and recoded "NDB".|
|1.11.1962||Reverted to standard gauge ""D"".|
|9.1976||Underframe at Port Augusta[blc]|
Dining car, built by "A.Pengelley and Co." on a supplied underframe of the Kalgoorlie construction train Sleeping car No.2, which had been fitted with new bogies.
|22.9.1936||Carrier air conditioning fitted.|
|17.8.1950||Air conditioning removed|
|23.6.1958||Converted to an employees van and recoded "ED". Air conditioning removed for placing on Hopkins. Fitted out with a refrigerator, four bunks, two combination wardrobes and dressing tables and dividing partitions.|
|5.4.1963||Converted for use as breakdown car.|
|4.1987||Stored at Port Augusta, but in a very poor state of repair.|
|3.1988||Shown on register as a dining car for CCE use.|
|27.2.1987||Museum (SteamRanger) expressed an interest in the car.|
|5.4.1987||Stored at Port Augusta.|
|1.5.1987||Sent to Port Pirie car barn.|
|1998||Sold to Mr M.Menzies of Victoria (Rail Experience).|
|-||Stored at Peterborough.|
|11.10.2017||Transferred to Burra and placed alongside railways station for restoration .|
Dining car, built by "A.Pengelley and Co." on a supplied underframe of the Kalgoorlie construction train dining car, which had been fitted with new bogies.
|5.11.1938||Stones air conditioning was installed, utilising axle driven equipment.
|1953||Internal modernisation was
|16.8.1963||Transferred to the Central Australia Railway on narrow gauge as "NDB".|
|13.10.1972||Overhauled and sent to Marree as spare Ghan dining car, and as far as is known, never used.|
|-||Sold to Ghan Preservation Society, Alice Springs. Used on regular services.|