"Wakefield" - Broad Gauge Commissioners carComrails Logo

148 -- Wakefield -- Commissioners car

Built in 1890 as long saloon bogie carriage "148". This car rode on six-wheel bogies and the body was similar to the many side loading (or dogbox) carriages then in use.

148 - Wakefield

It was converted to the Commissioner's inspection car and had sleeping berths for 20 officers. In 1912 it was named "Wakefield".

6.1890Entered service as "148".
-Converted to as the Commissioner's inspection car.
25.11.1912Named "Wakefield".