|"Vice Regal" (1860 to 1890)|
Originally built as a 6 wheel saloon car in England for the Adelaide to Port Adelaide Railway. It first entered service in 1856 Around 1860 it appears to have been converted to a State Car being replaced by a new car in the 1890s when it was numbered as car number "12".
It was written off about 1915 and relocated to a property at Brighton. Obtained in very poor condition by Australian Railway Historical Society in 1988.
|1856||Entered service as a Port Adelaide Line car. Number unknown.|
|Around 1860||Appears to have been converted to a State Car.|
|1890s||Replaced by a new State Car, numbered "12".|
|about 1915||Written off and relocated to a property at Brighton.|
|1988||Obtained in very poor condition by Australian Railway Historical Society for possible rebuilding.|
|-||The car was stored for a number of years at our previous depot at Dry Creek. During that time some white ants took a fancy for the woodwork such that the parts became even more decrepit than it had been on receival. During the from Dry Creek to Mt Barker, the remaining parts of the Vice Regal car were unfortunately disposed of.|