South Australian Railways narrow gauge sleeping car. Built at Islington Workshops and issued between Sept and Oct 1915 for use on the Broken Hill Express. "Nilpena" and sister cars "Coonatto" and "Alberga" were the largest and most luxurious carriages on the South Australian Railways narrow gauge. Consisted of 9 compartments with a sleeping capacity of 18. When made up for day use, it would seat about 40. The corridor and smoking saloon were adorned with early photographs.
|Sept-Oct 1915||Entered service on Peterbrough Division as No.211.|
|1934||Used on Royal Train.|
|1974||Donated to Pichi Richi Railway by the Apex clubs of Port Augusta and Quorn.|